CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Teriyaki Salmon

Robbie Fielder asked me to share this recipe with you. It's one that my mother gave to me while I was visiting her in SF. It's heathly, simple, quick, and delicious. You may half the recipe if serving 2 people.

Ingredients
2 lb salmon
1/4 cup soysauce (light)
1/4 cup dry sherry (the kind you drink, not cooking sherry)
4 Tbsp sugar (my mom uses Splenda)
Chopped green onion (to your taste, about 1 sprig)
Cooking oil (I use olive oil)

Directions

  1. In a bowl, mix the soysauce, sherry, sugar, and green onion. Set aside.
  2. Cut fish into 1 inch strips with the skin on. Leaving the skin on helps when cooking (holds the fish together).
  3. Salt and pepper the fish. I prefer to cook with Kosher salt because it can be easily seen and is less "salty" tasting.
  4. Place oil in a small frying pan (enough to coat the bottom about 1/4") and heat on medium high.
  5. Place a few strips of fish (skin side up) into the hot oil. Oil should sizzle slightly. Cook for about 3-5 minutes per side. Flip over and cook the other side. Try not to over cook the fish. Once it is cooked, take the fish out and set aside on a platter. Continue to cook all the pieces until they are done.
  6. Pour out some of oil leaving about 1 Tbsp in the pan.
  7. Add the teriyaki sauce mixture to the hot pan. Reduce the sauce until it is slightly thicken.
  8. Pour over the fish and serve.

Some people like to eat the crispy fish skin, I prefer to peel it off. I normally serve this with white steamed rice (brown, if I'm feeling healthy) and a side of sauteed green vegetables (like green beans or soybeans). I hope you enjoy it.

0 comments: