CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Blackberry Cobbler

I LOVE THIS COBBLER!! :)

Ingredients:
4 cups fresh blackberries
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp. melted stick butter

*Frozen blackberries work too. Make sure you read the thawing directions on the bag. I would thaw at room temp. It says you can do it in the mircowave, but I think they come out too soggy.

*I love this recipe with blackberries. I have also made it with peach, and it was yummy!

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Using Crisco, grease the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. I have also used a pie dish.
3. Place blackberries in baking dish.
4. Sprinkle lemon juice over blackberries.
5. In a medium bowl, mix egg, flour, and sugar. I like to use a fork to 'mix' the egg alone first, then I add the flour and sugar. Continue to mix with a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal.
6. Sprinkle mixture over blackberries.
7. Drizzle melted butter over topping.
8. Bake in oven for about 35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly brown.

*Serves great with a whipped topping or ice cream.

0 comments: