CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

King Ranch Chicken Casserole

Tortilla chips
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheese (I used the mixed Monterey or Mexican blend)
Cooked shredded chicken (I use about 3 or 4 boneless breasts)
1 can Rotel, drained (I sometimes put 2 because I like tomatoes and the spice)
1 small onion, chopped (Depending on the size, I only use half since Brent isn't a huge onion fan.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except chips and cheese. Crush tortilla chips, enough to cover bottom of your dish, very fine. Cover with the mixed ingredients. Top with cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly.

I have not made this in awhile, but typing it up makes me want to. The one thing I am not certain of because I haven't made this lately is the size dish this calls for. I have made it in the 9x13 and the 9x9, so when I do make it or if you try to make this leave a comment on which size dish you used.

2 comments:

Keith and Ashley said...

I made it the other day, and I used a 9x13 dish.
It's a great recipe!
Ashley

T said...

I just made this today too and also used a 9 x 13 dish. Since it just said, cook until bubbly, I didn't know how long that was, but I cooked it for about 30 minutes. Yum!