CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chicken and Rice Casserole

Ingredients:
1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth
3/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice ( I love Texmati rice...it has a blue label)
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2-4 chicken breasts

*That is the base ingredients. Sometimes I like to add onion, celery, or carrots.

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Using Olive Oil, grease a baking dish (I usually use my oval corning ware dish with a lid)
3. In the baking dish, mix mushroom soup and chicken broth.
4. Next add rice and half of the paprika and pepper. Mix.
5. If you wanted to add extra ingredients like onion, celery, or carrots; chop those up and add to dish.
6. Wash off chicken breasts and lay in dish.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the paprika and black pepper on top.
8. Bake covered for about 50 minutes in oven.

*This is a recipe that I have tweaked over the years, and I have come to really like it this way. But of course, I might continue to play with it. :)
*If you have any questions just let me know!

3 comments:

T said...

I am so glad you posted this! I have tried to make this using the recipes on the can of soup, but mine never comes out right. I can't wait to try your recipe!

one blonde mom said...

Is this what you brought us the other night?? That was yummy! I am going to have to make this soon.

Keith and Ashley said...

Yes...that is what I brought over the other night! I made it tonight too, and it came out very creamy. I am so glad you liked it! :)